A digital media outlet, Inside Spanish Football was established to provide further depth and coverage of all twenty La Liga clubs, in English. Throughout my time managing the site, I enjoyed developing excellent working relationships with journalists throughout Spain and internationally, whilst building sound links with staff at the press departments at all clubs in the Spanish Primera División. At its peak, ranked 3rd for English coverage of Spanish football, only surpassed by the official sites of FC Barcelona and Real Madrid.
• Design and management of website using WordPress.
• Recruitment, organisation of journalists and contributors.
• Coordinating, scheduling, editing and producing site content, managing social networks.
• Liaison with senior and junior communications staff at Spanish football clubs.
• Training native Spanish speaking journalists to produce quality English language content.
Always passionate about football, I have further developed my interest by actively getting involved with numerous international media outlets, providing quality content and analysis of the game in Spain.
• Production of written content and translations for print and digital media outlets.
• Regular guest appearances on podcasts and radio stations internationally.
• Commissions to conduct interviews with players and staff at various clubs.
• Club, player research assistance and analysis for international media outlets.
• Club and player research for Football Manager PC game, by Sports Interactive.
• Design and activation of site and social network improvements for estadiosdeespana.com.
Following the club since arriving in Spain, in January 2006, I approached Granada CF in 2012 about the possibility of providing official communications in English. The club was very keen and since then, I managed all official English content for the website and social media. This directly contributed to a successful growth of fans and media interest internationally.
• Management of all official English web and social network content.
• Liaison with club staff at all levels, assisting with Spanish to English translation.
• Creating and improving links between the club and international media outlets.
• Organising and assisting interviews for players and staff with international media outlets.
• Encouraging growth of international fan-base with official G19 Supporters Association.
• Regular discussion show appearances on Granada CF Television.